Monday 27 August 2012

I don't know what happened

It turns out we are in the last week of August and well my progress is about as good as a monkey with a chainsaw. Anyway, pictures below of what I've been up to and how I've got there. 

Really rough riders
Starting as I mean to go on these have been made by chopping up bits from different kits and sticking them all together, oh and a bit of green stuff on the side. 

Kit reference;
Vampire Counts Black Knights / Chaos Marauder Horsemen
Riders
Chaos Marauder Horsemen / Renegade militia enforcers (forge world)

Built unit of 5 with two flamers



Maggot on the neck

Took a repaint on the bone for the head to get the right colour (ended up using dheneb stone as the base, with a develan mud wash, then back to the dheneb). Think the end result has turned out ok and will now work on painting the rider.

Veterans
Same method of cut and shunt, though the addition of a dermal to make bits fit was needed. Should point out that these take ages to make. I have plenty more to build so will do a stage by stage picture guide thingy as to how they are cobbled together. 

Kit reference
Catachan Jungle Fighters box set / Plaguebearers of Nurgle (very nice box set) + a few spare bits from the horse kits.

No painting done on these yet, just the two example models. Bit of green stuff still to be added.

Catachan legs, back & right arm. Bearers body & left arm. Marauder head with added spike.

Same as above. Difficult to see in the pictures, but have green stuffed dog tags & belt to the front. 


Bases
The plan is to go for a heavily overgrown jungle base. For this I'm thinking of finding some fish tank plants which I can repaint and add some other bits and bobs. Will do a bit of a google images search for ideas, but guessing I have time before bases are an issue. 

I'll post (think maybe we should all) an end of the month show and tell as to where we got up to with painting building n' stuff. 

That's me done for another rambling post. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh to be a painter like you...those horses are fantastic. Very jealous :D

    ReplyDelete