Monday 26 November 2012

Hive Fleet Tiamat progress






The bugs have been a very enjoyable project from so many aspects: -

  • New citadel paints - given me  good reason to use them and I do like the colours I've used and how well the paints actually work. Have been able to look at the textures for bases, glazes and the medium and I think actually in a way the overhaul was long overdue. Great change but I still have no idea on the colour names.
  • 5th vs 6th editon - So far in 6th my Tyranids have performed very well and eaten everything they have fought but they haven't fought much. Having played against H and his bugs at the doubles it was painful to see what concentrated firepower could do against the bugs. I like 6th from a non competitive stand and more and more of my gaming I think will happen outside of tournaments and pick up 'fair' games and so from this point I expect to enjoy the bugs
  • army balance - For those times when I do want the bugs to go to battle and munch all in front of them I think I have now found that I can't have the units I want and still expect to be cohesive so I will now have 2 lists to work towards using these six units: -
Tyranid warriors and Termgants and Tervigons
Genestealers and Hormagaunts and Carnifexs

I feel that these parts work in groupings, I know I am enjoying Raveners and will get round to getting the Gargoyles that I also want as part of my basic force but I feel at the moment that the units listed above are an either/or set up to go with my force.

Snake bugs

Bounding bugs and leader bugs













Bugs to go splat


































So I hope to get  a bit more painted as I go, get my Tyranid Prime done for Xmas and into 2013 maybe start some big bugs.

Then there is the return trip to Warhammer World and my revenge against the Gutbuster to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment